Thursday, December 10, 2009

Railway Kids of India shirt design

When I first realized that I was going to pursue this idea for re:solve apparel, the first cause that I knew I wanted to back was the railway kids of India.  I have a personal connection with these kids I have had the opportunity to see them with my own eyes on each of my 3 trips to India.  Thousands of children make their homes at the railway stations.  Many were abandoned there as babies or infants...others were drawn to life at the railway stations due to abuse or neglect at home.  Whatever the reasons are these kids are faced with many dark realities of homelessness, poverty, abuse, addiction, and crime.  
The good news is that many organizations are beginning to work with these kids.  I am involved in an organization that is doing awesome things with these children.  They are currently working in 8 railway stations across North India, providing homes, education, food, medical attention, and most importantly an opportunity to change their entire lives.
Proceeds from this shirt will go towards this organization as they continue to provide opportunities to these beautiful children.

No comments:

Post a Comment